You can become stuck in a rut when you're feeling like this. You just want to stay in your PJ's and lay around watching TV feeling sorry for yourself. When i'm like this I have a regime to get myself out of it and CHEER UP! The aim of this post is to inspire you all by sharing the way I try to get out of the rut...I know a lot of women out there suffer badly with PMT but we shouldn't have to.
- Take a shower/bath. You feel 100% better when your clean and your hair isn't greasy! Wash away your worries in a nice relaxing bubble bath or jump into the shower to feel refreshed and AWAKE. I prefer to shower as it's quicker : D
- If your not feeling confident about your body then don't wear something you know makes you feel uncomfortable. After your wash wear those jeans that you know fit you nicely or that comfy top that doesn't rid up your stomach all the time. Feeling comfortable is so much more important then looking fashionable.
- Feeling pretty and glamorous can be achieved in other ways! Why not paint your nails a bright happy colour? Why not try a new hairstyle? Why don't you put a bit of lipstick/gloss on? Nothing over the top but it will make you feel a bit happier about yourself.
- Listen to some happy music. A lot of music can be depressing so why not put on a CD which you KNOW is happy. I tend to listen to Doris Day as her music is so cheery! It reminds me of better times : )
- Read some blogs that inspire you! There are sooo many out there to choose from..one of my favorites is Whatever. Her blog is very colourful and fun..she also has some great photos. I love reading through the archives : ) Check her out here!
- Craft! For those of you that make your own things..there is something quite therapeutic about crafting. Why not design and make something new? Add it to your Folksy/ Etsy and hope you get a sale!
- Now it's nice and warm outside why not indulge in a few minutes of ALONE time with nature. I love watering the garden in the evening when the sun is low and the smell of a summer BBQ is in the air. I even enjoy putting the washing on & off the line! I know it sounds sad but it's always guaranteed peace and quiet!
I hope next time your feeling down you remember some of these tips and hopefully you'll begin to feel better :D If you have any tips of your own please share!