Today I wanted to share a recipe with you that I found from the blog Sugar Pie Farmhouse . I made it as a special treat yesterday and it went down really well.
You will need:
* 2 cups of crushed Digestive biscuits / Graham crackers
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup of melted butter
* 3 egg yolks
* 1 can ( 397g / 14oz) of condensed milk
* 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
* Double Cream for whipping.
* A pie dish (We don't have a pie dish so we had to use a flan one instead)
Firstly make up the base. Crush the biscuits and mix with the sugar and the melted butter. Press into the pie dish and put it into the fridge whilst you make the filling.
Squeeze the lemon juice and strain. Mix with 3 egg yolks and the can of condensed milk. Stir until creamy. Pour the mixture into the pie dish, it will only fill up to half way as the rest will be filled with whipped cream. Bake for 30-35 minutes (or until slightly golden on top) at 160c, Gas mark 3, 325f.
Cool and place in the fridge for a minimum of three hours. Whip the cream and serve. I had another naughty slice today and it tasted better than yesterday, so you can make this in advance.