25 November 2013
One month to go! - #BEDN
I can't quite believe Christmas day will be here in exactly a month today! That is crazy. It excites me yet it scares me! I absolutely love Christmas but each year I try and force myself to make the most of it by fitting in as much as we can. I just want to make it as Christmassy and festive as possible! Hopefully I can do everything I want to before the big day arrives.
I love hearing about how others spend their Christmas...everyone has completely different traditions. Here how we spend our Christmas Day:
* We usually wake up nice and early with excitement. I cannot ever sleep in!
* There is lots of excitement to rush downstairs and open some presents. We watch each other open each gift so it isn't all over in 5 minutes!
* Breakfast. Sometimes we have a bacon sandwich, sometimes a full english. Most of the time it involves chocolate or some left over cake from my birthday!
*Ian comes over with more pressies (he on the other hand does not like getting up early...not even on Christmas!).
* We relax and enjoy our new gifts and start to get ready to go out.
* We visit my nan for an hour or so then head over to my other grandparents house for our Christmas dinner.
* Once our bellies are full we usually play some games (cards, trivia or riddles etc), watch a film on the TV or just have a laugh.
* When we are sleepy we drive back home. The roads are always so empty on Christmas day aren't they? I love looking out for houses with Christmas lights.
* Once we are home I usually go and see Ian's family after they've finished their dinner.
* The night ends with cosy Christmas PJ's, a film and lots more snacking.
I can't wait! The Christmas tree is going up this weekend so that means it really is the countdown to the big day....Eeek!!! : )
So is your Christmas day similar to mine at all? What do you do?
Follow me on Bloglovin // Facebook // Twitter