Now the holiday season is upon us we are all busy busy busy. I enjoy this time of year so much, but with lots to do sometimes it can be difficult to wind down and get a good nights sleep. Here are some of the things I do to make sure I get a good 8 hours of sleep:
- Stop over- thinking and write lists. If you aren't sure who you've got to buy for this Christmas then write all their names down and get brainstorming. List what you need to do to the house before the big day and plan when you are going to do it.
- Make your bedroom a place of relaxation by putting a side lamp on or some fairy lights. These low lights will help you to feel calm and ready to sleep.
- Put away your technology and have some 'me' time. Make yourself a cup of tea and read a book.
- Close your curtains or blinds. It isn't a great feeling waking up to the bright light shining in on your face when you've just woken up. Personally I also feel a little vulnerable when my curtains are open at night time. I know i've got 100% privacy when they are closed and no one can see in.
- Have a routine. Wash your face and apply your lotions and potions. It's the worst going to bed feeling unclean.
- For the ultimate best nights sleep I find having a bath/shower, clean pj's and a fresh duvet set on the bed to work wonders. Beds always feel comfier when you've got clean sheets, don't they?
What do you do to get a good nights sleep? Tell me in the comments below!