Now that the clocks have officially gone back it's time to dig out some wardrobe essentials & favourites. I love dressing for autumn. I adore the layering, the colours, wearing cosy oversized jumpers and best of all living in my favourite pair of comfy boots.
I've put together some of my autumn wardrobe essentials. This would be a cute outfit in its own right but individually they are so versatile and you could dress them up or down.
1. Plaid Scarf (New Look) - I tend to stick to darker colours out of habit during the autumn season, so a plaid scarf like this will add an instant touch of colour. Throw it over a plain tee, cardigan and jeans or wear it with a black skater dress, tights and boots.
2. Tan Boots (Next) - Next tend to bring these boots back each year. I bought them 2-3 years ago and have lived in them ever since. They are super comfy and will go with almost anything in my A/W wardrobe.
3. Black Jeans/Jeggings (Tu) - Again these are a firm favourite of mine. My social calender always ramps up at this time of year so it's handy to have a day/night outfit up my sleeve. Wear a jumper and boots by day and a cute blouse and heels by night.
4. Chunky Knit tunic (M&S) - I've got a few longer jumpers like this but this one has really given me the 'wanties'! You can't beat anything chunky knit really can you?
5. Red Nail Polish (Lookfantastic.com) - Definitely a classic for this time of year. As far as high street brands go, Maybelline Forever Strong is my favourite. It leaves a nice shine finish & stays chip free for 3-5 days in my experience.
6. Tan handbag (Debenhams) - Another classic for me. Timeless & goes with almost anything.
What are your go to items in your wardrobe for Autumn?