1. Go for a walk - I love to bundle up in a big jacket and scarf and go for a walk with family in the run up to festivities. We have a good laugh and plan what we are doing over the festive period (like which Panto we are going to see - Yay!). It's so good to get some fresh air and blow the cobwebs away after a long working week.
2. Have a hot chocolate - This is perfect after a nice walk (See number 1). I only ever drink hot chocolate at this time of year so I make sure I get my quota when the temperature drops! Find somewhere warm and cosy and RELAX!
|Image Via Google|
3. Go to a Garden Centre - Now I am almost 25 but I do love a good Garden Centre at this time of year. I always let out a little squeal when I see the fantastic Christmas displays they put on. Everything is colour/style co-ordinated which makes decoration shopping so much easier if you have a colour scheme in mind. Plus there are always a great selection of foodie/stocking presents to look at.
4. Buy a Christmas Jumper - Give in to the cheesiness and buy one before they sell out. Last year I left it quite late and all the good ones had gone. I have my eye on a fair few this year, some are actually quite nice. I desperately want the one from Fat Face.
|Gingerbread Jumper / Fairisle Jumper / Kiss Me It's Christmas Jumper|
5. Have a movie night - We always watch more films over the festive period. Why not have a buffet style dinner (I'm thinking cheeses, crackers, chutneys, fruit, sausage rolls etc) in front of the TV with lots of blankets and thick socks. I usually end up falling asleep half way through films because i'm just so snuggly and warm. Zzzz!
What are you doing this weekend? What do you do to get you in the festive spirit?