13 December 2015
Everyone has at least one family member or friend who is a total geek. You know, the complete know it alls who love a good riddle or who knows so many random facts. For me this is the Ian my fiancée and my uncle. Buying them presents is sometimes difficult (I find buying for men pretty hard), but when getting something to keep their clever minds busy there are so many fun options.
1. Addict-a-ball 3D Maze (£6) - Fun for all the family and will keep you pre-occupied for hours until you've conquer it!
2. Mensa puzzles (£12) - I usually buy these little puzzles as stocking gifts for everyone. They are so addicting to do, especially when your nan can easily separate the metal puzzle and you are still struggling half an hour later....lol!
3. Cooking for Geeks*(£18.02) - This is one of those books that you can dip in & out of. It teaches science through cooking, explores things like the science behind food and why we cook food the way we do. It's so insightful, I can definitely see this book being passed around on christmas day for everyone to have nose. I love to bake & cook so i'm looking forward to finding out how to create the perfect crispy and chewy cookie! Ian picked this up yesterday and just couldn't put it down. I'm hoping with his new found knowledge he will be cooking up a storm!
4. Tetris mug (£8) - When cold this Tetris mug shows an early stage of game, when filled with a hot drink it magically changes to show the game 'heating up'.
5. Virtual reality headset (£19.99) - This will definitely be a hit on Christmas day. With so many virtual reality apps available, this headset can change your phone screen into a whole new world. With lots of games to play or even to give a new perspective on your favourite film, this is sure to be popular.
6. Wind Powered Car (£6.50) - Created by Guinness World Records, this little model set challenges you to make a wind propelled car. Spend hours trying to perfect your model and break some records!
5 December 2015
I've been lusting after Cable & Cotton lights for a long time so I couldn't believe it when I got the chance to review a set of lights!! I was seriously excited : ) If I could only ever have one pretty thing in my living room or bedroom it would have to be fairy lights. They just give off such a beautiful light and create such a relaxing atmosphere.
Something I love about Cable & Cotton is that they add instant colour to any room. I chose one of their pre-selected colours called 'Marshmallow'; I really love the soft colours which will go with most of our decor. They offer lots of other colour combinations or you can even choose to design your own! I can imagine the more vibrant colours would look great during a summer BBQ.
You receive your Cable & Cotton order in a box where the balls and string are organised so neatly. I was a little surprised to see that they are self-assemble but I guess that allows you to put the colours in any order that takes your fancy. To attach the balls onto the lights you push the bulb into the pre-made hole. At first it was a little tricky but after a while you get the hang of it.
Once all the balls are attached it looks so so pretty! I love how they look amazing when the lights are off, let alone on! If you know anyone who is into home decor then this would make a great Christmas present..or why not just treat yourself?
Cable & Cotton were generous enough to provide an extra set of Marshmallow lights for me to giveaway to one of you! If you'd like to enter then you must do at least one of the following (if you do all 3 you will have 3 entries!) -
1. Follow me on Twitter and tweet me telling me you've done so.
2. Share my giveaway on Twitter with a link to this blog post (My twitter handle @musingsofagem must be included).
3. Comment below telling me where you'd put the Cable & Cotton fairy lights if you win (leave an e-mail address so that I can contact you if you win).